About World Relief
To offer loving, humble deeds of service to fellow believers and all mankind in the name of Christ.
- As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. (Gal 6:10)
- For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. (Gal 5:13)
- But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. (Phil 2:7)
- Provide humanitarian aid and volunteer labor to alleviate human misery and suffering throughout the world, first to the household/of faith, and then to others as much as we are able, in a way that is a Christian witness and brings glory to God. (Gal 6:10,1 John 3:17-18, Psalm 41:1, Proverbs 22:9)
- Serve as ambassadors for Jesus Christ and representatives of the Apostolic Christian Church of America, by sharing our resources and abilities to benefit both the body and soul of those in need and thereby communicate the love of God through His son, Jesus Christ. (II Cor 5:20, Prov 13:17)
- Provide an opportunity for our people to serve others on local work projects or short-term work teams, to experience the blessing of working with others, to grow spiritually, to be less self-focused, and to be more aware of the needs of others. (I Peter 3:8-9, Psalm 133:1, Rom. 12:16, Phil. 2:3-5)
- Provide long-term work opportunities for brethren who are sent by the church to serve. (Isaiah 6:8, John 20:21)
- Give opportunities to obey the scriptural directives of loving our neighbors as ourselves, using the talents God has given us and good stewardship. (Matt. 22:39, Matt. 25:15-30, I Cor. 4:2)
- Identify, plan, organize, direct, staff, and fund projects that will serve to aid those in need, both within the United States and beyond. Seek to help others by teaching and helping them to help themselves.
- Address the needs that result when natural or man-made disasters occur.
- Screen and select projects developed by other organizations utilizing the guidelines set forth in the World Relief Policy.Provide the planning, organizing, managing, staffing, and funding of approved projects where needed.
- Provide opportunities to serve the Lord on a voluntary basis. Coordinate our efforts through established church organizations, providing a channel through which volunteers can perform services or help financially to alleviate human suffering.
- Serve as ambassadors for Jesus Christ and representatives of the Apostolic Christian Church of America. Reflect our love for God and the church by our actions and appearance, thus communicating the gospel message supported by sound doctrine.
The Apostolic Christian Church outreach activities are divided between humanitarian aid (World Relief) and spiritual work (Mission). While each is governed differently, they work together to serve those in need.